Tuesday, May 27, 2014

(no subject) May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014
This week...It has been another busy one. One with new and different responsibilities. On Wednesday I had the opportunity to teach my first relief society...I mean District Meeting. It was complete with a centerpiece of flowers, tablecloth, and treats. The Sisters all seemed to enjoy it, so that was good. It was definitely a learning experience for me...and I hope they were able to learn a little bit from it as well. The problem I had was that it felt like it was a little too lecture-ish. So I have received some input from a few different people and I am looking to apply it. I guess we will just have to see how it goes in round 2 tomorrow. :) I also am looking forward to a mission wide District Leader training that should be coming up here in the very near future, because I need all the help I can get. It also is cool, because lots of my friends will be there :)

I guess I will share one of my cool experiences with you. Yesterday I was able to give service to someone both Spiritually and Physically. We called a Less Active lady yesterday and she didn't want us to come over because she was upset with the state of her house and she was having a hard time, because she had just recently lost someone close in her family. We immediately offered to come and help her clean up the house. So we did, and the Sisters joined us as well. We did her dishes, made her bed, swept her floors. Just kinda helped her get back on her feet. Then we had one of the most spiritual lessons about the Plan of Salvation. It was so cool. She expressed her gratitude and it was definitely an answer to her prayers :) Then I also found out that the experience was an answer to the Sisters prayers as well. That was pretty cool. We also have been able to find a few new solid Less Active Members and a new investigator. So things are continuing to improve. Thank you for all you guys do :)

Dad- Well mine is short this week too. It sounds to me like you are having a pretty good week too :) I mean, except for the whole thing with Grandma. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I love and miss ya. Have a good one!

Mom- Thank you for your email! And the pictures as always :) I am glad things are going well for you as well. Love and miss ya Mom! Have a good time in Vegas and a good week :)

Jeri Lin- Well I am glad you are doing well in Texas and starting to get a system down. I hope that you receive answers to your prayers and have a good week. I love and miss ya Sis. :)

Keila- Congrats! Have a fun time and good week! :)

Sydney- Love you and miss you!

Leslie- Love you and miss you!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment