Sunday, January 20, 2013

One Month In...



Mom,

Thank you Thank You Thank You

I am glad to hear that you were able to share my own personal experiences in your talk yesterday. I am happy to know that they helped. It is crazy to think a month has gone by...but honestly...time is weird out on a mission. In the MTC, days felt like weeks, but weeks felt like days. Sometimes I feel like I have been out here a whole lot longer than I actually have. I want you to know that I am trying to be a better missionary today, than I was yesterday every day. Elder Prescott by the way lives like five minutes away from BYU-Hawaii. He had some names he wanted me to ask if you knew...but I dont know where he is at the moment...so I will ask you eventually. He told me today that he loves this haoli boy. He is so awesome...he also was telling me about one of his white friends that should be polynesian, and then he looked at me and said "Like you". I love him. I also love Elder Chatterton from Pocotello Idaho...which I believe I told you in a letter I just sent the other day. He is such an awesome guy though.

I apologize for you having to pack up my room. I miss listening to some good ol owl city some days...it is nice when I walk into a store or something though and it is playing. Tender mercies of the Lord :) As far as shirts go, I would like my ASU, fear the fork and ASU football shirt, My Weddle Chargers shirt, and....my penguin shirt. Also a couple hats. With that...I would just like to share an experience I had the other day.

So...Elder Hayes and I, along with our ward mission leader went out the other day to the other side of our area that we cant really get to by walking...it would just take to long. So we went out to make some visits with less active members. We only ended up making one visit...but it was a good visit. We spent a long time looking for their home, because they lived off in the boonies of Spark Nevada. Up on a hill off a dirt road. Just when we were about to move on to the next person, we found the turn off. We went in...and just started visiting with them. WE came to find out that they had started off the 2013 year very rough. Just those...one thing after another type of deals. We then offered to give them blessings of comfort, which they then accepted. I gave my first blessing as the mouth piece to Brother Dale Fritter. It was an awesome experience. The best part is, they were at church on Sunday.

I love the people here. I am happy to be where I am.

I am glad to see that Hayden is still a goof.

I am thankful for you Mom.

I love and Miss you.

Your Son, Your Missionary,

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle



 Elder Hayes

Elder Chatterton

No comments:

Post a Comment