Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Area!

January 2, 2013
Hey everyone!

Well here I am. Living in Nevada now. There are plenty of mountains and rolling hills, kinda reminds me of back home a little. Except for the snow and ice. It was like 6 degrees this morning when we went to drop some of the Elders off at the mission office who are going to the area that is like 6 hours away...I am lucky, I am just here in Sparks in the Sparks North Zone for my first area. It is a biking area...so I am yet to get that all figured out. President Hermansen is looking into it a little more.

I have been told that the ward we are serving in is awesome, according to my trainer, Elder Hayes. He is from North Carolina and has been out here for 3 months. He is a pretty cool guy...a total nerd though. They call him the Turkey...and that is exactly what he is. I think we will have a lot of fun and hard work ahead for us though. We live in an apartment with two other Elders. Elder Prescott, he is a big guy from Hawaii and he also happens to be my district leader. He is super cool. His companion is Elder Davis, from Utah. He is also a total nerd...but is a really good guy and he really knows how to cook. We have had a pretty good time so far.

Elder Hayes and I just finished up visiting with some people that they have been teaching. We met with Juan. He is SO close to baptism...he just needs the final approval from his mom...and I am going to help him go over the Word of Wisdom on Saturday. The people we have met are so kind. I am excited. We have a dinner appointment tonight with a couple in the ward tonight and I will be meeting the bishop later tonight as well. So...everything is going pretty well!

I just have a short story to tell. So...yesterday was busy...and very exhausting. With all the anxiety, nervousness, and exhaustion, I started to feel pretty sick...it was like I had Flu like symptoms...but you know me...I dont like to make a big deal about things, and I just pushed pass the upset stomach and aches. I then kneeled to pray last night after companionship prayer and just asked for a good nights rest and feelings of relief from the sickness, because I didnt want to start off being sick. My prayer was ansered. I feel absolutely fine today. Heavenly Father answers prayers. I know that to be true.

I love and miss you all.

All my mail can be sent to the mission office, which you should have the address for. So just let people know. I love mail.

Love,
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

P.S. The mission office address is

Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle
Nevada Reno Mission
1146 Prater Way
Sparks, NV 89431

No comments:

Post a Comment