Monday, May 9, 2011

I Run Into Walls.

Yes, along with sucking floors I manage to do this too. Literally and figuratively. This probably needs a little bit of an explanation, right? Well...here it goes. (Don't laugh too hard).

It happened at work today, May 9, 2011. I was driving to work. Drove down the US60, got off on Gilbert Road, everything is normal. I make my way down Gilbert and turn left at Warner. Everything is fine-n-dandy. My excitement for work is absolutely through the roof at this point, let me tell ya. I pull into the school parking lot and make my way around searching for an open spot. I find one. I make my way towards it and proceed to park my party van. It is a rather large van, so it results in difficulty to park especially for a fairly new driver such as myself. Well as I was parking my beastly van decided it wanted to go up over the curb and then....SMASH into the wall/ fence in front of me. The fence was a little dented and my van got a nice dent in the hood. The bumper kinda broke and the guard for the headlight cracked. On top of that, something (undetermined) underneath the van is preventing me from backing up off the curb. So as of tonight I do not have a vehicle. In the morning (I am going to miss my a-hour and maybe more school) I get to wake up and meet a tow truck down there with my mom in order to get the van off the stupid curb at 6:30 in the morning. YAY!

Needless to say, I feel like the stupidest person in the world. I understand that accidents happen. I can tell you that this feeling feels worse than locking your keys in your car. I've also done that. The good thing is that I am learning...even if it is the hard way. Hopefully, you can learn from my mistakes though. This mistake is teaching me how to take responsibility for my mistakes. I can honestly tempted not to tell any of the school administration and just act like nothing happened. But sometimes, you just need to man up and take a hit. It may knock you down, but you just get stronger when you pick yourself back up.

Sometimes, we run into figurative walls in life. They can be a lot of different things, they are our trials. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. It isn't because they are doing something wrong. It is just because our Heavenly Father or God. Whatever you know him as, he gives us trials to make us stronger and better people.

My favorite scripture is 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"9) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

What this is saying is that we become strong through our weaknesses. We just to learn from our mistakes, and do better the next time. When we hit that wall, realize what you have done, and correct it. Even get a little laugh out of it if you can. It will get better.

p.s. The offer for a book of Mormon is still there. Don't be afraid to ask, I will be happy to give you one. Then you can have some Mormon boy/girl swag :)

No comments:

Post a Comment