Monday, May 16, 2011

Adam Young

As some of you may know...I am an addict. An addict to the wonderful musical artistic abilities of Adam Young. He is more commonly known as Owl City. I know I may be just another obsessive fan...but this guy really does impress me. Not just with his musicly inclined talents. Although I have never actually met him personally...I have a very high respect for him. Call me crazy. I find him to be very humble...unlike a lot of other celebrities. In fact on the inside of his album covers (most of you probably don't have these, because you bought the album off itunes or somethin) but it says "All Praise & Glory to Jesus Christ, to whom I owe everything." This really impresses me. He is not afraid to share what he believes, and he knows that the abilities he has are from Christ. Now I know that Adam is not a Latter Day Saint (Mormon) like myself. He is however a Christian, and I respect him for that. There is a common misconception that Mormons are not Christian, but just for your awareness, we are. We believe in Jesus Christ, which by definition is a Christian. Sorry...I'm gettin a little off track...all I'm trying to say is that I want to be like Adam Young, and not be afraid to share my beliefs with others. So that is exactly what I am going to do. Here are the beliefs of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as outlined by Joseph Smith:

"1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in his Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."
"2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression."
"3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel."
"4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost."
"5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof."
"6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth."
"7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth."
"8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God."
"9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God."
"10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory."
(bet you know how the next one starts)
"11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."
(got cha there :)
"12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law."
"13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Well that is that. If you have any questions about what I believe, please don't be afraid to ask. I will be happy to answer as best I can. Remember, life is good :)

7 comments:

  1. The Man! thanks for sharing, buddy. =)
    It's great that you would share your testimony with the world. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay hello. I'm a Mormon as well. but I've kind of had a falling out I don't feel like going back but you being brave enough to share your testimony has shown that nothing should stop me from believing that the church is true. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unknown said...
    I've heard that Mormons do not believe that Jesus is Christ arose from the dead. Is this true?
    Also, I was once interested in the LDS Mormon church because I planning marrying a mormon bf of mine once, but then decided against it because I saw that they don't believe in the trinity. Whereas, to me the trinity three in one makes more sense to me because it reflects various relationships here on Earth such as marriage and also God's relationship with the church and people; as we are a relection of God made in his image...it's more in depth than the simpleton exception saying that they are separate beings for the sake of it making more comprehensible...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't know if you are going to read this, but yes, we do believe that Christ rose from the dead, and we do believe in Trinity... we believe that Christ, god, ad the Holy Ghost/Spirit are seperate beings yet they are one; not one single being, but united like God wants us to be united.

      Delete
  5. hi my name is Liberty Simmerman I am 12 years old and I grew up in the mormon church and have a very strong testumony in it, and I'm a huge fan of owl city and I thank you for sharing all that, I know very well that it takes courig

    ReplyDelete