Monday, June 16, 2014

Howday! June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014

I am clean cut and ready to email. Now where to go from here. This week has been one that I had to push through physically. Tuesday night, I was awakened by a sore throat...tried to sleep it off, but eventually caved and took some meds. Wednesday and Thursday were rough. I couldn`t breathe hardly and I just felt achy. I was in a "I want my Mom" moment. I kept on doing what my Mom would want me to do. Kept going out and kept working. Hoping that maybe I would sweat it out. Luckily I have some very good friends here in Nevada that are willing to help and take care of me, so now I am back in a more normal working condition. Thank goodness for Pdays in giving me at least a little bit of time to have some time to rest and relax.

Other than being sick, this week hasn`t been too bad at all. It is looking like we are moving the baptism dates again for Kimberly and Tristy. Not too far in the future. I am just hoping that I am able to stick around for them. Transfers will be happening on the 24th. So calls will come on Sunday. It really is a toss up of what will happen. If I do end up being moved, I hope that it is nearby, because Juan is going through the Temple the day after transfers. Some other exciting news happened with Tony yesterday. He came to church! He stayed for all three hours and everyone there already thought he was a member. It was good. We did miss Calvin and Kimberly as well as Tristy this week though. Just trying to get them to keep coming.

What else...we have some potential new investigators. One of which we will be meeting with this coming Saturday. We just decided one afternoon to go down by the river and talk to some people and this group of teenagers on skateboards started talking to us, so I asked them if I could try a trick. So I attempted to do a kickflip a couple times. Couldn't quite get it though...but it got their attention, and like I said, one of them wants to hear us out on Sunday. That was cool. Another cool experience we had happened just before dinner on Friday. We were running just a few minutes ahead on our schedule, and we didn't want to be too early to dinner...so we just decided to walk up the street a little ways and then a little dog was chasing us down, but we chased it back to its owner. Then...standing in the middle of the street, Elder Reynolds suggested the we just knock on the door of the house behind us. So we did. We met the Lady that lived there, and asked her if we could leave a blessing on her home. She agreed and then said we could come back another time, so we are gonna check back this week. :)

Things are continuing to go well for me as a District Leader. I am coming to enjoy it and my District helps me be able to enjoy it. They all are good missionaries and have fun while they do it. I really can't complain :)

Dad- To be honest, I think for the most part, I have felt like my week was pretty similar to your week. Just kinda the same old stuff. A scripture was shared this week that really stuck out to me. "And let us not be weary in well doing: For in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" Galatians 6:9. So, I guess that is my advice to you. Keep up the good work! You are such an awesome Dad, and I am truly blessed to have you. You are truly one of my very best friends. The time will soon come when we can hang out again together. :) Have a good week Dad, I love and miss ya!
One more thing....any feelings on the world cup?? I think it will be Germany.

Mom- Well thank you for sharing your experience and insight. The struggle is real, that is all I know...but just like you did, we just got to push through :) I also see a lesson in not having the boat. That is a lesson in attitude. You all kept a good attitude and were still all able to have a good time. :) That was actually what one of the trainings was given on in our zone training. Attitude makes a huge difference. :) I am glad all is well. Tell Brooke that I am sorry, I will be better at responding when she writes and emails. I still love and miss her :) I love and miss you as well Mom. Have another good week!

Jeri Lin- Well I am happy to hear that your trip went well and all. I am glad that Syd enjoyed it as well. Good luck to her if she does end up going there...I could never do that. Too darn cold. Haha. Sounds like everyone is doing well even with peeing pews and not walking...the joys I have to look forward to ;) I am glad you all are staying busy. One of these days we will all have to come up to the Biggest Little City Temple. It is pretty neat. :) Hope you have a good week! I love and miss ya Sis :)

Keila- I am doing good today :) I hope you are doing good. I am glad you had a good week at the lake. That is cool that you know what you are doing for school now. You will have to keep me posted on when you start and how its going and whatnot. I miss ya and love ya too. Have a good week! :)

Sydney- Well it looks like you enjoyed Idaho. That is good to hear. I hope everything else is going well. Love and miss ya! Have a good week :)

Leslie- Hey, I love you! Have a great week :)

Brooke- Well I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope your summer is going well! Sorry that I have been kinda bad at writing back. I hope you can forgive me. Let me know how you are doing! :) I love ya and miss ya!

Hayden- Hey Little Brother. I miss ya man. I hope you are getting tough. I can't wait till I get to see you again. Stay awesome. I love ya and miss ya :)

I love and miss you all!
Have a good week!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment