Sunday, June 15, 2014

Full Week :) June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014
Hello! Since the darn network at our church building has been down, I have been stressing about how and when I would be able to get this sent off to you. I must have figured it out since you have this email now :)

Now what to report on this week? I feel like a lot has happened since last week. On Tuesday, we went on splits for the evening. I was with our ward mission leader, and Elder Reynolds was with one of the newly returned missionaries of the ward. My night was filled with meeting with member families and going over the ward mission plan with them. Elder Reynolds on the other hand was setting our investigator with a baptismal date. It is a 9 year old of a less active family and she is planning on the 21 of this month to get dunked. We may move it, because that is the day our ward will be getting home from the Trek. It also may be the day that Juan goes through the temple. So we will just have to play it by ear and see :)

Let me see...what else. Oh! I got to see my friends on Friday. They were in town for our mission leadership meeting. We had a good time learning and catching up there. The AC in the building was broken though...so you can imagine how nice it was sitting shoulder to shoulder in suits. Haha Other than that, it was good. On Tuesday, I also gave another training at District Meeting about Talking With Everyone and asking everyone for referrals. That was a good time. I also gave the sisters all a copy of a picture I drew of our district. There will be pictures of that sent here pretty shortly. Things as a District Leader are still going well. I am enjoying it. Even if it adds some extra stress.

Funny story of the week. I had a crazy psychic lady feel my energy at Kimberly's house. She grabbed my hand and told me that I was insecure and that I needed a girlfriend. Also I will be, "the husband of all husbands". Hahaha Elder Reynolds and I were laughing so hard along with Kimberly. The lady was insane.

The good news is that we were able to find a new investigator by the name of Tony. The guy has a Ph. D. in Bio Chemistry. He is crazy smart. Before our lesson with him yesterday, he stayed up from 9:30pm till 5am doing research on the church. Who does that?! So we are gonna be plenty busy trying to answer all his questions. Prayers have been answered with him though. We have been trying so hard to find good, new solid investigators, and it happened for us :)

Also! Calvin finally came to church for the first time! The last time he was in any kind of church was when he was 16 years old...that is like...57 years. Super stoked. Kimberly was also there and some of the other less active members we have been working with. So it was a successful week. We are working to have another great week. I can't complain at all :)

So yeah, that was my week!

Dad- I am happy to hear that you were able to get back to working out again :) Sounds like a pretty fancy gym :) To answer your question, the training was good. Also, I didn't think I would ever hit 18 months. Time is just cruising. I will just be happy to be home and hang out for Christmas this year. Whatever we decide on doing :) Thanks for all your support, love and encouragement :) I love and miss ya Dad. Have a great week!

Mom- Hope you are having a great time at the Lake. I love and miss ya! Have a great week :)

Jeri Lin- Well you will have to let me know how your trip to Idaho goes. I am glad to hear that everything else is going well :) Oh, the new investigator, Tony, has a daughter that is 4 days older than Lindi :) Anyways, I love and miss you too and hope you have a great week! :)

Keila- Love and miss you! Have a good week :)

Sydney- Thanks for your email :) I hope you have a great time in Idaho. Flying isn't that bad. You will do fine. I love and miss you Syd. Have a good week! :)

Leslie- Love and miss you! Have a good week! :)

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)




No comments:

Post a Comment