Friday, February 21, 2014

Rollin' Into a Roller Coaster February 17, 2014

Well as you already know, the breaking news is that I am headed back to the West side of the mission to spend my time in downtown Reno. Now I will get to all the details of why this week has been a Roller Coaster.

It started off great. We found another new investigator tracting. Dache. She is a single mother, her husband passed away at the first of the year. She has two little girls. One that is about 7 and another that is about... little. I can not even explain how it happens, but my love for people comes so quickly these days. And that love was shown even more when I was able to baptize Brother Urenda...on Valentines day. It was a neat experience. At the baptism, his non-member son in law was there...he was supposed to stay out in the truck because he was drunk and had been smoking on the doobies. But...he came in and after his son Lorenzo gave the talk on baptism, he asked if he could get up and say a few things. I didn't know who it was that said it at first, but he got up anyways. And then he was just up there expressing his love for his father in law. You could definitely smell him and I think everyone was a little nervous. It ended up not being too bad...but it wasn't normal, that is for sure. He also stayed for the actual baptism as well, which is good. :) As Brother Urenda and I were walking into the font, he turned to me, and said "Well this will be a baptism no one will forget". Haha you got that right :) He had such a good attitude about it all though. I don't think I have seen that man without a smile on his face. Then yesterday he was confirmed. He stressed me out a bit though. We were sitting there as sacrament meeting was starting and he still wasn't there. He showed up just as Bishop announced it. Talk about heart attack. Haha. So...that was a loopty loop in this Roller Coaster week you could say.

So Saturday Morning...Elder Anderson and I are finishing up companion study, and our phone starts ringing with President Heramansen's ring tone. Oh Shoot. Leadership calls. This one was for Elder Anderson. He is going to Hawthorne to be District Leader over his companion. I was expecting one for me, but nothing. So then I figured that I was just gonna stay here and get a new companion. Then the transfer calls came last night and everything hit me so hard. They are only going to have one companionship of missionaries here in the ward again. We came here to open the area and now it is getting "Closed". Why? Things were going so well and now the missionaries here are gonna be jam packed of things to do. All those people we have met and built a relationship with. Gone. It is a tough pill to swallow for sure. I am trying to "come what may and love it", right?? There is a bright side to all of this though. I am leaving this ward and people to one of my very best friends who I have incredible trust in. Elder Chris Stevens. Things will all work out for the best. And I have come to know that everything does happen for a reason and that this is truly the Lord's work and I am going to where I am supposed to be. I am going to miss Spring Creek. A ton. These people here have become family. But like Brenda told me, there are ways to stay in touch and there are more people's lives I now need to go and touch. Everything will be alright :)

That's a Roller Coaster if you have ever seen one, right?

The good things are there though. I will now be able to attend the temple with Juan when he goes through for his endowments. That is probably one of the biggest things I am looking forward to. I am also looking forward to being in the city again. I am a city boy. I am also looking forward to being around those friends that I made there in Sparks. So like I said things will be well. I am sure I will send you plenty of pictures next week with families from here in Spring Creek. :)

Dad- Well I think I answered just about all your questions in that email. You will have to send me that picture next week. I want you to know that you are always in my prayers Dad. I want to thank you for the letter and advice you gave me 14 months ago. It has helped me a lot this week as I reflected on the things that you have said in that letter and just throughout my life. So thank you for that. I love and miss you Dad. Have an awesome week!

Mom- Well Thanks for all those pictures! And thank you for the email today. It sounds like you have had a pretty good week and that you have a pretty good day planned out today as well. And one is better than none, as far as friends coming to the temple open house. You are planting seeds. No doubt. Just keep it up. You are an awesome example and the best Mom I have. Have a good week :) I love you mucho, and miss ya like crazy.

Jeri Lin- I love your little kiddo stories and I am glad to hear that things are continuing to move forward with Lindsay. And I am glad that the work thing is at least a little bit more figured out now. You guys are still in my prayers for sure. Let me know if there is anything else you all need. I love and miss ya Sis! Have another good week! :)


I love and miss ya all! Have an awesome week!

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)



No comments:

Post a Comment