Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rollin February 10, 2014

That is what the work is doing here. You know what that means? There is probably a pretty good chance that Elder Anderson or I will be transferred next week. That is what usually tends to happen when the work really starts to get going. I guess we will find out this coming Sunday and I will have news for you all next Monday. The Bishop's wife was telling me yesterday that she doesn't think I will leave...but some others think I will. The Young Men don't want me to leave. But no one really knows after all, so I just have to finish this week strong and see what comes. "Come What May and Love It". :)

This week has gone really well though. As far as numbers go, it has probably been one of the best of my mission. Those numbers are people though. So let me elaborate on those people. :) So as of this week, we have two new families we are now teaching. I think I may have mentioned Carrie last week, but this week we were able to meet with the whole family. We taught The Restoration. It went pretty well after we declined the offer of a beer. It is always a challenge with little kids, but I love it. While I was giving Joseph Smith's account of the First vision, the 15 month year old baby managed to climb up onto the dining room chair...and then fell off. I felt so bad, but there really isn't much you can do in that situation. Anyways, we invited them to read and pray about The Book of Mormon and I left them with a copy of The Book of Mormon that John and Sherra sent to me for Christmas with their family picture and testimony on the inside. Carrie made the comment that she liked Sherra's hair. (Similar Hairstyles). She is awesome. I love her sense of humor and the family is great. I pray that their hearts and minds stay open to the Spirit and the message we share. :)

The Other family we started teaching is the Minter Family. We are meeting again with them on Tuesday. This past week we just left a blessing on their home and invited them to take the lessons to learn more and to see the blessing that it can bring into their families. They accepted. So we will be meeting with them again this week. I am super stoked. :)

Other than that, Brother Urenda is still on track for baptism this Friday. We just made sure that the building is reserved this Morning. So things are Rollin' with that. Kelly is still working on quitting smoking. She is also moving in the right direction. It may take us a little longer than we were expecting, but she has made amazing progress in the past months. We are continuing to work with the less actives of the ward as well as the part member families. We are also working with the Wilkies still. Love them. 

This place of Spring Creek is quite amazing. I will miss it quite a bit if my time is coming to leave. If not, I am sure my love for it will continue to increase. The people here are great. We are teaching. I just love it. I feel I have had the absolute two best wards in Nevada to serve in. I am loving the mission life and I have 10 months left of it. Now that I seem to be figuring it out, I hope to make the most of it. Thank you for all your support and all you guys have done for me. :)

Dad- Well it is kind of a bummer to hear that you haven't been working out as much. It is a hard habit to kind of keep up, so get back into it as soon as ya can. Sister Knudsen showed me the picture of you and your friend that was posted on Facebook. I am glad you had a good time :) Other than that, it sounds like things are going well. I wish I could be there for the cultural celebration and what not, but you are right, I will be able to go when I get back. Maybe with a special girl someday :) Thank you for your prayers Dad. I love and miss you. Have an awesome week!

Mom- Thank you for sharing that experience with the pool with me. Cool thing I just though of. It wouldn't have worked if you didn't have faith though. And obviously faith without works is dead, and that is apparent as you had to work and try just about anything and everything, Kind of reminds me of the story of Nephi going to get the plates. :) The Lord will always provide a way. :) Thank you for being my Mom. And for your support and Love. I love and miss you. Have a great week!

Jeri Lin- Mas amor from you and your little family! Thank you.  Well it is good to hear that you are all still doing so well. As far as the job goes, you are always in my prayers. I think I already answered the question of  when the next transfers are. I am doing well. I love and miss ya sis. Have an awesome week! :)

I love and miss you all. Tons. Thanks again for all you do for this missionary here is Spring Creek. :)

Have an awesome week.

Love,
Your Son
Your Brother
Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment