Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dear Dad March 19, 2013

March 19, 2013
Dear Dad,

First of all, I didn't get the opportunity to email yesterday, so that is why I am doing it today. Second of all...It is crazy to think that three months out here have come and gone. It went so fast...but then I still do feel like there is a whole lot of time I still have out here...That year mark seems so very far away at times...and don't even think about two years...sometimes it seems like that day will never come. It will though...eventually. 

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures from my last emails. It was really a good time. And a really good bonding experience for all of us. As for why we did it...Haha we are teenage boys...and we like doing crazy things. And...when a brother of yours needs help, you go and help. No matter how crazy the situation may be. It was really a lot of fun though. 

I also really enjoy that article you sent. Thank you for that. I was thinking, as I was reading it, of my trainer and how as we walk down the street...it may be freezing cold, we may be getting cussed out with the F-bomb, or being called dorks. Whatever the situation may be...Elder Hayes always says..."eh...could be worse". It is so true. That is one thing that he has taught me these past 11 weeks. Now...I will be training this transfer. In fact I am picking up my new trainee this morning. It is really quite nerve racking. I have no idea who he is, where he comes from, and I have a major responsibility to show him the ropes now. I hope I can be a good trainer...and even better than my trainer. I am sure it will be a good experience, but holy moly am I nervous. 

It is good to here that it is getting nice and warm again. That is my favorite. The weather here has been really nice the past week or so...it can never decide if it wants to be warm or cold though. Oh well. As for march madness. I am excited. Bummed that I don't get to watch the games, but excited to see what happens this year...I really think it is a up in the air year as far as I know and have heard. Are you sending me a bracket? I have heard a lot about the free agency stuff...Brother Carter likes to keep me updated on those types of things. Wes Welker to Denver? I thought that was crazy. Percy Harvin will do well in Seattle. That is awesome...I think he has a lot of problems with Migraines though. Hopefully he can do well though. 

It is good to hear that you are doing well though. I keep you in my prayers...Jacob 6:12. I love and miss you. Thank you for all that you do.

Love,Elder Bryton Dane Shinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment