Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Suck Floors.

Well to start off, I'm sure that the title of this post needs a bit of an explanation. Some of you may know, but for those of you who don't, I got a job earlier this week. I now suck floors for a living at an elementary school. Benjamin Franklin Charter School Gilbert Campus to be exact. I am the new vacuumer, or as my father would say, I am a Sanitational Engineer. I was lucky enough to land this job, because I have some amazing young men leaders that hooked me up. Thank you Brother DeWitt and Brother Robison. So Monday through Friday, from about 3:30pm to about 6:30pm you can catch me walking about this school, jamming out to my tunes, and vacuuming up the little messes (occasionally big) that these youngins like to leave for me.

It isn't a very social job. 99% of the time I am all by my lonesome. There is Chris (the school janitor who does everything except vacuum). He is pretty cool, but I only run into him (not literally) and talk to him on occasion. So while I am all by myself...I need to find some sort of entertainment. Sometimes I sing along to my music...but let me tell ya...there are a lot of little funny things that can be found in elementary classrooms. So I have decided to share a few photos of what I have found during my first week of work.



I found this little reminder on the desk. However, the poor little guy's desk was pulled away from all the others. I felt kinda bad for him. I mean the teacher tried to be nice by putting a smiley at the end of the note...but really...come on now. He is just trying to make new friends.




 This was the handwriting technique of the day. And for all of you who think my handwriting is good, here is the secret. ;)



 I loved the Magic Tree House. Good Memories :)



 Box of tooth picks in the desk? This kid must get food stuck in his teeth a lot.



 I still haven't found the chihuahua.



 Dirty sock on a desk? Disgusting.



 Oooo...I found its missing dirty sock buddy. But in a different classroom? Weird.



 This kid has the coolest name by far in the entire school.


Well that wraps up the photos from this week. It was a very adventurous first week of work. I am glad I was blessed with this opportunity. Now I can start saving up for my mission that I will be leaving on in about two years. I am way excited. Remember to take notice of the little things. Especially the ones that make you laugh.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, it's awesome that you're now a Sanitational Engineer and that you are actually going to be making some money. Second of all, these photos are FUNNY. Hope you enjoy your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on your new job! Looks like you will have lots of photographic adventures :) Love you dude!

    ReplyDelete