Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back to Elementary

Well once again, I went back to elementary school this past week. Sorry to say that I did not come up with very many funny photographs this time. I apologize. However, it still was a pretty eventful week. On Monday, Chris, the full time janitor quit. Just out of the blue as far as I know. I was not told the reason. The school then wanted to make me the full time janitor, but because I am still in school, I am not able to do that. Oh well. So someone named Tammy was hired. She is nice, but not as cool as Chris. Oh well I suppose. I have gotten a lot faster at my job too, so that is good. One of the posters in the classroom says, "Effort....work hard to get good. Then work harder to get better" I feel as if I am doing a good job at that when it comes to vacuuming. Another thing that happened this week was that on Thursday I blew the motor out in my vacuum when I was about half way done. Luckily, there was a backup vacuum so I was able to finish. It was still kinda crazy though. Friday was a halfday for both me and the school that I work at, so I was able to go in early, so that was nice. I also got my first paycheck yesterday, 50% goes to mission fund, 10% to tithing so I am left with about...$50. That is better than nothin. :) Also, for those of you who do not know. I consider myself an artist. That is probably why I am going into AP art next year. Anyways, I am going to be in the district art show this year. Found that out on Thursday and I am super excited. Also I have been making designs and submitting them to a company called Threadless. I have had quite a few rejected, but on Friday my first design was accepted! You can check it out and vote on it HERE..Now I am just waiting for one other event, the birth of my first niece/nephew. Hopefully he/she will be here soon. (my sister and her husband didn't find out what gender the baby is) It's a SURPRISE!

So as I pace through the classrooms of elementary school I have quite a lot of time to just think. As I was thinkin this week, we all need to take a step back to elementary school and learn something. I think all the basic things we need to know to survive in the crazy world can be found behind these very walls. In kindergarten we learn how to count, how to read, we learn the value of money, etc. I mean...what else do we really need? The world is kinda spinning out of control, but we just need to be like little kids. Simplify our lives just a bit. Maybe it would even help straighten out some of the conflicts that we have in the world today.
Mosiah 3:19 "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." (For those of you who don't know, that is from the Book of Mormon. I suggest you read it. If you don't have one, I can get you one. Just ask. And if you have any questions, I don't mind trying to answer those :)

One last thing before I end...You know how I showed you the picture of the name tag for the kid with the coolest name in the whole school? Well I also really like this one :)



No comments:

Post a Comment