Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Renown Republik

That is the name of my company that I am starting. The line of T-shirt designs. And well...I have had a lot of questions asked  about the name. Like..."why  that name?" or "what does it mean?"..."where did it come from?" Well time to put it in black and white for ya. So here it goes...

Q: Why that name and where did it come from?

A: Honestly...I don't really know. I guess I just used my noodle and did the noodle dance..and well at first I was just gonna call it Republik. However, as I was designing the logo, I thought it would look better with two R's. Hmmm...I was in need of  an adjective. Renown! First thing  that came to  my head...and well it fit my criteria and...well just stuck.

Q: What does it mean?

A: Literally, it means Famous. Well known. Etc. Republik. Or in other words a well know society. But I think the meaning of it really started to come together after my first design. Because, you see in the Renown Republik,



The Giraffes are King.


The Penguins run the streets.


There are little Mischievous Monsters always getting into trouble.


And spiders? No worries, we just cut them out of the picture.


And after all that, there is still...
 So there you  have it. I hope I was able to clear things up for you a little bit. I want to thank all of you that have given me feedback and advice, have believed in my crazy dream, and have straight up just helped me start getting this off the ground. I have been steaming away with creating designs (the fun stuff) and figuring out the whole business part of it (the not as fun but still fun stuff). I especially like to thank Mr. Chase Kerr for all his help and support. I am excited to have him as my business partner. He is a huge help. I will continue to keep you updated with new designs, and I will definitely make sure to let you know when the printing begins so that you all can officially be part of the Renown Republik. Thanks again! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the penquin and the red one my favs. Maybe the red in a different color like maybe white red not my fav! :)

    ReplyDelete